To-do's for the Family at Travis Country as Winter Looms Ahead
The chilly weather and the quick-changing color of the leaves are sure signs-- winter is just around the corner. While we are excited about the Holiday season and the milder climate, there isn't really much to do in the winter months, especially at Travis Country. But winter need not be boring at Travis Country. Over the years, the homeowners association has engaged community members to participate in local events that not only bring neighbors together, but also make the Travis Country community a beautiful and meaningful place to raise kids. Here are the most common activities you can do/organize at Travis Country to have a meaningful winter this year:
1. Donate - now's a good year to check out your closets and take out the things you no longer need. A family in need would be very grateful to receive your wonderful presents. Make Christmas early for them by giving your donations.
2. Clean the Yard; Mulch the Garden - while it rarely snows in Austin (just once, for as far as I can remember), it doesn't mean that your plants are immune to the sudden drop in temperature. Mulch the garden and clean the yard; your plants will be quick to recover in spring (just in time for garden parties and home selling, if you are planning to) if you do so.
3. Hold a Yard Sale - With only a few major events to expect for the remainder of 2016, our prospects are bit boring. Engage the community with a yard sale and have some commercial fun on the block with your neighbors.
4. Arrange a Potluck - What better way to spend the gloomy days than to spend time cuddling with family and bonding with friends after a hearty, shared meal? Arrange a potluck and enjoy the warmth of indoors.
5. Join a Community Bazaar - Christmas is just around the corner, so expect to find bazaars popping out everywhere. Take note of schedules and shop til you drop! Bazaars are always fun places for new and interesting finds!